Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Same life, new chapter

Okay, so I worked for the same company for 15 years and last week the doors were shut with no warning and no pay for the previous 2 weeks. Shocked? Shouldn't even have to ask. Money going to be really tight, especially with the holidays here? Again, shouldn't have to ask. A lot of of full time work available in our area? Well.....no. Most of it is seasonal at the moment - meaning you are done come 12/30.

But here's the thing. With lots of 'possible' bad scenerios to fret about there are also lots of "GREAT' scenerios to be happy about. Has my husband been supportive of me during this time - DEFINATELY. Do I get to spend more time with my kids? YES Can I tell if they like that? YES Will we still have a great Christmas? OF COURSE! See it's not about what we don't have, it's about what we do have - in particular faith, hope and love

And yes, I am looking for a new job. I'm sure I'll find a company that can use my abilities and that I'll be happy with. I just have to enjoy the journey there.

If you take the time to read this, please also take time to pray for those I have worked with that aren't as fortunate as I have been - especially the owner of the company.

Thanks!

No comments: